- Verizon Bargaining
- Links/Phone Nos.
- Click to Organize
**UPDATED**IBEW Unity Fund
Below are the general guidelines for receiving emergency assistance from the IBEW Unity Fund:
1. You must be a member in good standing in order to be considered.
2. Members that are currently receiving disability payments from the company will not be considered.
3. You must maintain active picket duty if physically capable.
4. It is up to the member to first contact and to try to make appropriate arrangements with creditors before asking for assistance.
5. If you receive money from this fund and end up crossing a picket line you WILL be responsible to reimburse the fund.
GUIDELINES FOR RECOMMENDATIONS MADE BY THE EXECUTIVE BOARD
TO THE IBEW UNITY FUND ON BEHALF OF MEMBERS REQUESTING ASSITANCE
The Executive Board will recommend requests of assistance to strikers to the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Unity Fund Committee for distribution on an “as needed” basis. The circumstances of the request will be considered generally in the following order.
- Payment of healthcare premiums (COBRA) may be recommended on behalf of strikers whose healthcare needs have historically exceeded or are expected to exceed the monthly premiums.
- ·Payment of necessary medical/hospital expenses. (Necessary does not include any treatment not normally covered under the employer’s health plan, nor does it include any care such as elective procedures or dental visits that can be postponed until the end of the strike. Routine dental care, vision care etc. are excluded.)
- Payment of necessary prescription expenses.
- Payment of other necessary bills.
- Grocery purchases.
For consideration of the above and all other requests for assistance, applicants must submit a signed and fully completed Unity Fund Application form. Applicants may attach any appropriate supporting documentation that they feel will substantiate their request such as copies of bill, billing statement, coupon, and receipt etc. IBEW Unity Fund guidelines will be followed to determine eligibility to request assistance.
Applications and information must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 866-448-1822.