- Verizon Bargaining
- Links/Phone Nos.
- Click to Organize
It is the policy of IBEW Local 827 to respect and comply with all legal, economic or unfair labor practice picket lines of all Unions.
- All members of IBEW Local 827 shall perform their picket duty assignments.
- No member of Local Union 827 shall cross or circumvent a picket line or shall work with scabs or strikebreakers.
- No member of Local Union 827 shall do the work of members of another union who are on strike.
- No member of Local Union 827 shall do the work normally done by those union members who are absent from their jobs as a result of performing picket duty.
Any member of Local 827 who violates this policy is subject to:
- Fines assessed in the amount equal to, or greater than, the wages earned while violating this policy.
- Having their name posted and/or publicized.
- Removal from Union Office and/or suspended as a member in good standing.
This is in accordance with the IBEW Constitution and Local Union By-Laws.
NOTE: If you encounter a problem on a picket line and are in need of direction or assistance, refer to your Chief Steward, your Executive Board/ Business Agent or Union Headquarters.